For 29 years, the Veterans Park Conservancy (VPC) has worked with with the local and Federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in a successful public-private partnership—honoring our military veterans by successfully preserving, protecting and enhancing the West Los Angeles VA property. Originally formed to protect the property from commercial development and sale, VPC continues to be guided by the goal of paying tribute to our veterans—past, present and future.
VPC has saved and preserved more than 400 acres of this valuable property for veterans and the wider community from sale, and spent over $8 million to enhance this land over 25 years.As a result of this public private partnership and a 30-year enhanced sharing agreement with the VA, VPC is developing spaces, amenities and facilities that address veterans’ physical, spiritual and mental healing for the estimated 85,000 veterans that live on or access the property. VPC is enhancing the work of the VA by providing facilities that it cannot because of funding limitations.
Among the projects completed to date by VPC are the 1947 Women Veterans Rose Garden, a beautifully restored space for healing and relaxation; the Gateway Landmark Plaza, a magnificent entry to the Los Angeles National Veterans Park; the restoration of the historic Spanish-American War Memorial at the eastern edge of the VA property; building 1.5 miles of elegant fencing and hundreds of trees as part of the beautification of the 115-acre National Cemetery; the Bob Hope Memorial Chapel; and naming of the half-mile Wilshire Boulevard corridor fronting the Park to Veterans Parkway.
A California nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, VPC is supported entirely by private contributions from generous donors; it does not rely on any funding from the U.S. Government.
Veterans Park Conservancy
11661 San Vicente Blvd., Suite 204
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Donate Online: Through Network for Good