This imposing statue of "Lady Liberty" flanked by two soldiers stands at the corner of Wilshire and Veteran Avenue, the eastern gateway to Veterans Parkway. It was dedicated in 1950 by the United Spanish War Veterans.
In 1998, the Veterans Park Conservancy began to restore this important landmark. It was VPC's inaugural project for The Fields of Glory.
The plaza now features graceful landscaping and nighttime lighting that dramatizes the beauty and power of "Lady Liberty".